Monday, May 16, 2011

Pretty Day for Working in the Garden

It's May so I need to spend quite a bit of time out in the garden.  This morning it was such a beautiful morning, I hurried out right after breakfast.
  Over the weekend Steve bought me a handy-dandy mini-tiller that is just about the best gift ever!!!  I love this thing!  It's small and easy to handle between the rows in my garden without harming any of the plants.  Steve and I made quick work of all that tiny little grass that was growing in the aisles and between the rows of corn, beans and the like.  Yea!  Weeds gone in a fraction of the time.  I love my husband!!  

Potatoes and Leeks

Transplanted corn plants
This morning I planted gourds and mulched tomatoes and peppers with hay.  Then I did one of the hardest jobs in the garden. . . thinning.  I am so bad about planting too many seeds in a row.  I guess I'm afraid some won't come up or something, but they always so.  Then I have to go back and thin out perfectly good plants and them out.  Some of the corn plants had really gotten tall so I tried to be careful as I thinned them so I could transplant them somewhere else in the garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment