Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hoping for Rain

The garden is beginning to take shape and looks different every morning when I go out.  Today the weather 'people' say we may get some rain this afternoon so my morning was spent spreading a little fertilizer around the plants that are well established.  If they get some good mosture this afternoon it should give them a boost and help with root development. 

Some of my potato plants have gotten tall so I wrapped the biggest ones in hay. I hope the wind doesn't blow it all away.  Later I will have to wrap the others and then cover the hay with a layer of dirt.  This will not only keep the weeds down and the mosture in, but the actual potatoes will grow in the hay/dirt mix. 



The carpenters came again yesterday and brought the new butcher block island top.  I love it and think it looks great!!   They also added some drawers and doors and are suppose to be done with their part of this transformation later in the week.  The granite won't be installed for about three weeks so we'll have time to get the lighting installed and get the accent walls painted.  So, while there's still plenty to get done, it's really beginning to look like the kitchen I was dreaming of.  I'm having problems uploading pictures today so I'll try to send new kitchen pictures later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment