Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leyton's Kitten & First Veggies

Trip home from the Shelter

Making himself right at home!
Steve's chair is his favorite place.


Leyton celebrated his 8th birthday last week and by all the pictures Trin sent, it looks like he had a wonderful time.  Steve and I got him a new baby kitten (with Kris & Trin's approval) and we can't wait to take it to him this weekend.  I don't think he'll be too surprised since I've sent him lots of hints, but he is going to be very happy.  We went to pick it up at the shelter last week so we could get it 'box' trained and used to being held and played with. 


I've also been spending lots of time in the garden lately finishing up the planting of all my fruits, flowers and vegetables.  Lots of seeds are beginning to pop out of the ground and some stuff has even begun to bear 'fruit'.  I picked the first broccoli today and a small amount of peas.  I can't wait for Steve to get home so I can cook them up. 

Monday I had to spend all day in the Logan County courtroom waiting to see if I was going to be selected for jury duty again.  The selection took all day since it was for a murder trial and everyone had to stay and listen to EVERYTHING in case they were called.  I am so glad I wasn't chosen!  The defendant was a 16 year girl that 'alledgedly' helped her 21 year old boyfriend kill her father two years ago. . . when she was only 14.  From what little I know about it, it sounds like she may have helped in planning the murder, but I'm not sure I could have sentenced a child to life in prison, which is what the state was looking for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment